Gardening can be soothing in addition to peaceful activity for your mind and soul. And, because you’re at it, why not try a hand in growing some easy to grow veggies in your garden? Believe me when I say, it really feels great when you pluck fresh veggies from your garden which you have put in a lot of love to growing it. As a matter of fact the food does taste better also, may be the effort you have put into growing that makes it tastier.
So, let’s learn about a few simple to grow veggies for your own garden.
Lettuce or Salad Leaves
Lettuce is something that grows very quickly and at the exact same time is easily harvested.
• You want to decide on a container which is about A 4-6 inches, this will easily accommodate 2-3 plants.
• Fill it with good quality mix of seed-starter that’s moist
• Using your hands settle the dirt a little
• Leave some space of 1-3 inches for watering as well as fertilizer
• Insert the seeds of lettuce according to the instructions provided on the package and keep it in a place that gets a little bright sunshine.
• Until the lettuce seeds sprout water the dirt keeping it moist
• Fertilize the plant as stated on the bundle and of the bundle is currently comprising fertilizer wait for 10 months until you add fertilizer again.
• as soon as you find the lettuce growing to 2-3 inches in height add an organic layer of mulch in the top to keep the soil moist.
• Harvest the lettuce not disturbing different roots around it and you’re able to re-seed again every 2 weeks so that you get continuous production.
You have to set them in a location where there is lots of sun light and make certain that they have some support because of its stalks.
• You Require a container of about 5-gallon
• Drill holes of about 1/4 inches at the base of your container
• Put a layer of gravel of approximately 2-3 inches
• Then add 3/4 bagged soil for potting to start with
• Add seeds of tomato according to the directions given in the bundle and set the pot in a sunny place.
• When you Find the baby berries growing incorporate some fresh dirt to the container, then this will encourage its growing stem
• Do plant a few marigold flower with the tomato plant to keep the bugs away
• Make sure it gets plenty of sunlight, for 2 hours daily
Again quite simple to grow are carrots in your home garden and they require a good amount of sunlight too like many other plants.
• Carrots should be proposed to plant at least 3-5 weeks ahead the date of last spring
• Ideally they need full sun; nevertheless it can withstand moderate extent of color
• Carrot seeds must be planted in rows which should be approximately 3-4 inches apart from each other
• Ensure there aren’t stones in the soil you plan to plant carrots
• Mulch gently so the soil remains moist, blocks sun reaching the roots along with speeds up germination
• Once the crops are 1 inches in height snip with scissors and not by yanking which can damage the roots
• Water it an inch Weekly
• Fertilize after 5-6 weeks of sowing
• Make sure it gets a lot of sunlight