Armadillos may not look like any other monster from North America, but they could certainly be as destructive as the finest of them. Armadillos mostly make their homes in the southern states of the US and in areas of Mexico and South America where the land is warm and soft. While normally, these creatures are considered as benign (dare I say cute in an ugly way) critters, they’re able to do a considerable quantity of damage to your property.
Not only do they have to dig for their foods, but most of the problems that arise around armadillos are about their burrows. Armadillos obviously do not understand that some places aren’t ideal to dig their burrow, so they frequently end up under your home or your porch. If they burrow too close to the supporting beams of your porch/house/etc. It can in fact cause the foundation of your structures to crack! Do not let this happen to you, there are some things that you could do in order to eliminate your armadillo issue.
1. Attempt to trap the armadillo. There are lots of ways to go about trapping an armadillo, however, the usual ways to do it is to either trap them using a trapping device or catching them (not a simple task). But you must check with your state’s regulations concerning trapping. Most states have made it illegal to trap pests if you are not a licensed professional. Theres a professional for everything, even Squirrel Removal.
2. Call a Specialist. Professionals are out there for a reason and you do not wish to hurt the animal. This is the easiest and cheapest way to begin getting rid of your pest issues. I have spent plenty of time compiling this list of only the greatest and licensed organizations that will assist you with your problem.
3. Exclude them from the house by constructing fences around your entire lawn, your garden or around the base of any structure they have been digging at.
4. Relocate the armadillo at least 10 miles away from the home in a forested area which provides them no reason to make their way back to your own dwelling.
5. Fill in the burrow as soon as you’ve gotten rid of this armadillos, otherwise another family of critters may move in.
1. Try to poison the armadillo. Not only is it ineffective, but it is dangerous to other animals, your pets and your loved ones to lay out poison.
2. Take them or use any other inhumane method of getting rid of them.
3. Purchase and use repellents; they simply don’t work and you’ll wind up wasting your money.
4. Don’t put your fence without obtaining the armadillos from your lawn first.
When in doubt, call a professional near you to help you with your problem. This is the easiest (and cheapest in some instances) way to take care of your armadillo difficulties.